PROCESS FOR THE GRADE 8 2022 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
Kindly note that no dates for the scholarship process has been finalised and will be communicated by the third term 2021.
The following scholarships are made available at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee:
- Academic Scholarships:
- Cultural Scholarships: Music, Drama, Dancing, Visual Art, Chess, Debating.
- Sport Scholarships: Hockey, Cricket, Netball, Golf, Soccer, Athletics, Equestrian, Rugby, Swimming, Water Polo, Tennis, Squash.
The dates for the submission of Scholarship Applications for Grade 8 2022 will be communicated during the third term of 2021.
CRITERIA APPLIED FOR THE SELECTION OF THE LISTED SCHOLARSHIPS:
1. Academic Scholarships:
- Candidates must have achieved an aggregate of at least 80% or more in Grade 6.
- The Scholarship Examination date will be announced in the third term of 2021.
2. Cultural Scholarship:
- Music: To qualify, candidates need to play an instrument at Grade Three level or be a member of a youth orchestra
- Drama/Choir or Art: Candidates must have achieved at Diploma level in a regional Eisteddfod.
- Dancing: Candidates must be a member of a dance studio and have participated in examinations for at least 3 years or have participated at Diploma level in a regional Eisteddfod or similar competition.
**Candidates applying for cultural scholarships MUST write the scholarship examination.
**Where necessary, the College may invite candidates for skills tests. This will be by invitation only.
3. Sport Scholarship:
- Candidates may only apply for a Sport Scholarship if they represent one or more sports at District or Provincial level. The sport of choice should fall within the sports offered at Beaulieu College.
- Candidates applying for Sport Scholarships MUST write the scholarship examination.
- Where necessary, the College may invite candidates for skills tests. This will be by invitation only.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP:
To apply for a Scholarship, forward a Beaulieu College Application Form together with a Scholarship Application Form (downloadable below) and a detailed CV containing the following:
- pupil’s personal details
- current primary school
- contact telephone and email details of parents/guardians
- pupil’s 2021 grade 6 last term's report
- comprehensive list of pupil’s achievements in the relevant sport/cultural activity together with supporting documents for example certificates, letters detailing colours awards, examination results (music and dancing), letters regarding district or provincial selection etc.
WHERE TO SUBMIT APPLICATIONS:
CVs and supporting documentation may be emailed to email@example.com for the attention of Mrs Bernene Ward (Group Admissions Officer) and must be submitted with the following two forms downloadable from the following links:
Alternatively, a hard copy may be delivered to the Kyalami Schools Group Shared Services Centre:
(Unit 1, Beaulieu Office Park, Corner Papenfus and Stallion Roads, Beaulieu Estate) for attention Mrs Bernene Ward.
- No original certificates must be included in the CV. Kindly supply copies only.
- CVs and supporting documentation will not be returned to the applicants.
- The closing date for applications to be announced in the last term of 2021.
- No letters of recommendation from the Head of the School, Grade teacher or Sports Manager are required at this stage. The College will make the necessary enquiries with the relevant departments.
- All queries may be directed to Mrs Bernene Ward – 010 591 5004 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO CORRESPONDENCE SHALL BE ENTERED INTO ONCE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE ANNOUNCED