The Further Education and Training (FET) Phase
Once pupils have met rigorous internal promotion requirements, they are promoted to the Further Education and Training phase (FET), where they are expected to continue with four core subjects:
- Life Orientation (LO)
- English Home language
- Afrikaans First Additional language or isiZulu First Additional language
- Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy
In addition to these core subjects, pupils choose three electives from the following offerings:
- Business Studies
- Information Technology
- Engineering Graphics and Design
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Dramatic Arts
- Visual Arts
- Equine Studies
- Music (offered externally)
- Computer Applications Technology (CAT - offered externally)
In addition, pupils may study the following Advanced Programme subjects in the FET phase:
- AP Mathematics - Grades 10, 11 and 12
- AP English – Grades 11 and 12
- AP Physics (2020)
Music is offered as an 8th subject.
All our learning material is aligned with the Curriculum Assessment Policies (CAPs), as outlined by the National Curriculum Statement. While this serves as a framework, teachers supplement and enrich the content and skills in all subjects to ensure that material is dynamic and effective.
Our pupils write the Independent Examinations Board's National Senior Certificate at the end of Grade 12.